Monday, November 29, 2021

Eleventh Hour Finish

 

Not much sewing last week. Lots of cooking. We went to my niece's for Thanksgiving.  I think she thought she was going to feed an army instead of 20 people. There were 3 turkeys, 2 hams and a huge huge tray of mac and cheese plus so much more. She actually had to-go boxes so everyone could take leftovers home. I made a couple of appetizers to share last Wednesday, traveled and ate all day Thursday, spent Friday making soup stock and deboning turkey, then made a HUGE pot of turkey and wild rice soup on Saturday. Yum. I still have a ham bone to use up, I'll probably make a pot of beans tomorrow.

I did manage to get the green swirl quilt (my November UFO) loaded on the frame yesterday.

It is about 2/3's quilted. Probably could have finished it tonight but I currently have a very short attention span so about an hour of quilting was my limit.

I'll finish it tomorrow while the beans are cooking.

December's UFO is a cross stitch project I haven't touched for over a year. I think I'm going to not touch it longer and focus on finishing up my 2021 blackwork project and get a couple of donation quilt tops quilted.


2 comments:

Rose said...

I cannot wait to see Green Swirl when it is finished. You get so much done! I wish I got even half as much finished.

Needled Mom said...

Take away boxes are such a great idea. Looking forward to seeing the top all quilted.