Monday, August 7, 2023

We Interrupt This Quilt Blog To

 

Do a long overdue whole house clean. I hate house cleaning, but it must be done (although I'd really like to clean by check if ya know what I mean). No pictures, it didn't last long. :o(

Do some upgrades and learning.

Rear handles on the Moxie. New lighting bar (love love love!!!) A lesson on quilting pantographs (didn't do too bad). To practice the pantographs I made the quilt top you see draped on the bar. I've cut it up into placemats, so it wasn't a complete waste of fabric.

This is the next quilt to be loaded. 


Large guild community service quilt. I'll use the same pantograph so I can get some more practice in.

My mom and I drove down to Stockton (stayed with cousins there) then to Los Gatos California for a celebration of life for a long time family friend, Jean. It was sad but wonderful to hear all the stories about Jean and the things he did throughout his very long life.

I forgot to mention my July UFO challenge status and my August UFO challenge project. July's was the 12 patch quilt. The top and back are made. It will be next up on the frame after the quilt above.

This is August's project.


 I have six embroidered butterfly blocks. They are already kinda sorta quilted. I think someone cut up a bedspread. Joanne asked me a few years ago if I could do something with the blocks and I'm just now getting around to it. I'm going to sash them with the green and use the floral for a border. The top fabric will be the back. Should be pretty quick and easy to make.


1 comment:

Rose said...

As always, you are so busy and though you think you don't get much done, I think you do. I have not touched sewing in days.