Monday, July 31, 2023

Another Busy Week

 The Brightly top is done!


The picture does not do the cheerful colors justice. 


The binding and back are ready to be made.

I took a little side trip this past week for some retail therapy. I have a batik layer cake that I want to use to make another Brightly quilt, I found the perfect background fabric at one shop. Sorry no picture.

At another shop, I purchased five yards of a great teal fabric that I have already made into a back for the 12 patch quilt top. Sorry no picture.

I do have a picture of an Angela Walters quilting panel I purchased.


One of the shops I went to takes consignment items and this set was one. I've been thinking about purchasing one of Angela's panels for a while, this was a much more economical option. If it works out I may purchase the panel that goes with her ruler tutorials.

At the third shop I purchased a few panels that were in the clearance section.




These will be fun to put together and quilt.

Since I didn't get to quilt the 12 patch I decided to give quilting something small on the long arm another chance.


Still not a fan but they turned out a little bit better.


Ready for binding.

And here's the runner I showed last week...still not finished.


Stephanie made the star blocks, and I used them to make the runner. For the most part I do like the quilting.

I made great progress on the A-Mazing quilt top.


I'm halfway done.

What's next on the long arm?


OMG that is an empty machine and a clean room! The lights and rear handles I ordered will be delivered and installed Wednesday. Since I'm also getting a lesson on pantographs I'm not loading anything new. Well...maybe a practice quilt sandwich Tuesday evening.




2 comments:

Rose said...

I have got to remember to see all the be as uty on my computer! I do live Brightly! I will be watching to see what you do with the fabric panels...

Rose said...

Oh, wow, oh, wow! I don't know where to begin. Now I knew I loved the fabric for the backing....I just love it. But the fabric panels...two of them could have been made for Lorelei. I am anxious to see what you do with them. Even if I bought one, I don't know what I would do with either one. And when she was young, she loved Thomas the train.

I love the quilting you did on the small hexagon pieces, and I think your table runner looks great. I bet if you do a few more you will get till you don't mind them.

I do not envy you putting A=mazing together. My mind just could not do it now.