Monday, April 1, 2024

Scrappiest Quilt Ever

 Trying, not too successfully, to get my sewing mojo back. 

I put the Grid Girl's center together.


Then measured it for borders. Sigh. Right side length measures 66 7/8, left side is 67 1/2, and the center is 68 inches. Sigh deeply.  I plan on ignoring it for a few days to see if the issue will go away.

On the positive side I loaded the trapezoid quilt on the frame. I made a back from flannel crumb blocks. Wow, I can't believe it was over 10 years ago that I made the crumb flannel squares. Here's a link to the old post.



Even the binding is scrappy. Since this quilt had soooo many seams I quilted it with a large meander. This quilt makes me happy - joyful sigh.


2 comments:

Rose said...

I love the trapezoid quilt....had a good look at all the fabrics. The Grid Girls quilt is beautiful.

(Sarah and I finished our sewing of the slick, slippery fabric. She went and bought a serger or we would still be sewing.)

Rose said...

I would definitely do borders...but I am in a bordering phase of life. Ask me next year and I might have changed my mind. Lol