Monday, April 8, 2024

No Sewing

 Still no sewing but mental progress has been made.

I've made the executive decision that the Grid Girl Aperture quilt is going to become a UFO. I've already boxed it up. I'll add it to next year's list and decide then whether to add borders or just quilt it as is.

April's UFO Challenge project is this string quilt.

I started making these blocks in February 2019.  It came up as a UFO Challenge in October 2021 but I decided not to work on it then. I doubt I'll finish the quilt but I would like to make some progress. I have 50 blocks made - with no frame - and need 30 more to make a nice size lap quilt. My goal for April is to at least add the frames on the existing blocks.

While I was doing some clean up I found these 9-patch blocks. Hmmm, I know I didn't make them (they are too nicely made and very nicely pressed) but I don't 100% remember where I got them...I think Donna made them and gave them to me when she gave me all of her batiks.


 There are 47 print 9-patches and 49 cream 9-patches. I think I'm going to keep it simple and make a couple of long table runners for my bedroom dresser and blanket chest. I've been wanting to make something for both for a while now.

Hopefully both of these projects will get me back into the sewing mood.

1 comment:

Rose said...

At least you made a decision to box up the GridGirls quilt. I would for sure do something with 9-patches...they are so nice. If you just do one or two of the string blocks, maybe it will get you in the mood to do the rest. All this from somebody who can't decide anything!