Monday, August 26, 2024

Lots of Prepping

 

Not just in the sewing room.

First, I prepped my mom's house to sell. Lots of cleaning. Lots of staging all the rooms for real estate pictures. Guess it paid off cause the house had two offers the first day and it's been a slow market around here. I've also gone through every nook and cranny of the whole house and main garage to see what is there and what family items should be kept. Still have the RV garage to go through - need to bug bomb it first. Next step is the estate sale. I've met with two estate sale agents so far, both very very different.

I haven't done any sewing this past week but did get a few quick projects prepped also.


Flannel back cut and ready to sew for a quilt top that was donated to Quilts for Kids.


I'm making a friend of my mom's a sunflower wall hanging. I'm keeping it simple, just need to add two pieced borders.

Under it is another airplane quilt top and flannel back. No prep needed there.


Someone put a partially quilted panel quilt on the guild free table. I took it and removed all the quilting. I want to make it a little bit wider so I will be adding red and orange borders down the sides only.


And one of the donated quilts I showed last week just needs binding. 

This is going to be a busy week so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to do, but if I do get time I'm ready. 



1 comment:

Rose said...

You sure have been busy! At least you are prepared to sew something if you get a minute.