Sunday, July 27, 2014

House and Quilting Stuff

 
Phase two of the remodel is a custom cabinet for the "entertainment" niches the builder included with the house...big waste of space.


Now the components have their own space and I have storage below. The upper cabinet has doors that slide out and close to hide the TV.


I need to do something to hide the cables hanging down. I was thinking of wrapping a couple of paper towel tubes with some of the colorful duct tape that is out now.

And since this is a quilting blog here are some pic of what I've been working on...


I finished quilting the Union Star wall hanging. Cross-hatched the body of the quilt and although you can't really see it, I did a curly-C with two "feathers" across the borders.


Check it out...I've been practicing feathers!
 


And they don't look that bad either...cross your fingers that they look this good when I add them to the border of another wall hanging.
 

5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Nice feathers. Keep practicing, you're well on your way.

Mary said...

Cables are always a pain to deal with. Your feathers are beautiful. Good job!

AnnieO said...

Those niches were very trendy and deep! Glad your changes worked. Our house has one large plant shelf, another dated feature :)
Pretty feathers --and quilt!

Needled Mom said...

That is a much more practical use of those spaces.

Love your feathers!

Rose said...

Oh, my, love those feathers. I was coming here for alittle inspiration and those certainly fill the bill!

I just cannot seem to get going on my quilt that is under the needle. It is a crumb quilt and have been trying some feathers on it...bad choice in the way I did them. I may try other stuff on it, too. IF I ever get started.

Have had a cold, had back problems...none of them terrible but still was just not feeling good. Cannot even get back into blogging.