Monday, January 21, 2019

Getting little things done

  
So far it still feels more like I'm on vacation than retired...it is all a little strange. I feel like I should be job hunting. I get job announcements from the county and I've checked out a few them. Part of me wants to post my resume on Indeed to see if I get any hits for a part time job. I've told myself I'm not going to do anything for the first three months, if I still feel the need to work then maybe I'll look for something but I really need to give retirement a serious try first.

I finished this little quilt top...Kim Diehl's Plain Folk. The finished size is 18" x 18". This was so fun to make. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to quilt it.


I finished this table topper. It only took two years to get it quilted. The pattern is Rock Candy by Jaybird Quilts.


Another project that has take a few years to get done is changing my kitchen cabinets from this...


To this...

LOVE 💖 these drawers! Why did I wait so long to have them installed?

And here is a picture of Bella trying to go home with Nancy.





3 comments:

Loris said...

Great quilty finishes. I love the Jaybird star. I also love Kim Diehl's quilts but I am not useful in the quilt design department. I'm still stumped with my own. LOL
Those drawers are so useful. I love being able to easily access what's in the cupboards.
I agree with you about waiting a few months but part time work might be the ticket for your transition. I volunteered at a free medical clinic until my sister's surgery etc.
Bella looks pretty cute in that bag but I doubt she would really like to travel in it. ;-)

Needled Mom said...

It looks like you are accomplishing a lot in retirement. Your quilting looks great. I LOVE those drawers. I've been thinking about it too. It would be so much easier than getting down on hands and knees to search.

Rose said...

Wow, you are getting so much done! I cannot imagine making something that small....will be watching to see how you quilt it. I like the drawers...