Monday, January 14, 2019

Overwhelmed


Yay! I finished one item off my "need to quilt" list...


 I finished stitching this little wall hanging in February 2017. Now I can check it off the list.

I finished the first clue to Kathleen Tracy's mystery quilt.


I'm about half finished with the blocks for Kim Diehl's Plain Folk mini but don't have any in process pictures.

What has got me overwhelmed? This bin...


Nancy and Stephanie were here sewing last Saturday, I dug out this bin of scraps hoping to get it a bit more organized, sorted, etc. After about four hours you couldn't tell I'd made a dent. I sorted pieces and parts into 5 inch strips, 5 inch squares, 2.5 inch strips, 2.5 inch squares .... down to strings which were anything less than 1.5 inches wide. I have a lot of strings. This is kinda my January thing, but I think it is going to take more than a month  to get through this bin. The sad part is I have at least three larger bags that look just like this. I really need to find a project(s) and actually use up these pieces and parts. That is more overwhelming than the scraps themselves.
  

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It is amazing how quickly things become so out of control. It seems like we are even more aware of it as the new years start and we want to become more organized. I have so many problem areas.

Rose said...

I like your finish! I love the redwork, and I love the fabric that is outside border! Also like the next project you are working on.

Now to the scrap bin...Oh, my, I would hate for you to see mine. And the bad thing is I go and buy more! One of the local quilt shops has a bin, and you can fill up a gallon bag for a very good price. Sometimes the scraps are not very attractive, sometimes they are. That Churn Dash quilt I finished a while back had several blocks that featured fabric from that scrap bin.

Anyway, I need to organize my scraps and just don't have the courage to begin.