Monday, May 13, 2019

Home


I went and visited my mom for Mother's Day, and to check out a few houses for sale in the Grants Pass, Oregon area. I actually put an offer on one (with a great sewing room). Unfortunately the guy had multiple offers (bad timing on my part as the house had been for sale over 60 days), he didn't accept mine. Probably a good thing as I had a minor panic attack over having to sell, and more stressful, pack up my house. When I moved into this house it was almost empty. Now...not so much. Now I have some time to seriously downsize all the crap treasures in the house.

On the quilting side of things, I did go to the local quilt show hosted by the Rogue Valley Piecemakers Guild. It was a small, but nice show. This quilt was my favorite:

 Can you say tiny?


From the tag, this will be the guild's 2020 opportunity quilt. I'm definitely buying tickets for this one.

I also stopped by the local quilt shop, Jordan Fabrics. They sale at a lot of west coast larger quilt shows. Primarily pre-cut kits. In the store they sell the bolt ends by the pound. The pieces can be anywhere from 1 inch to almost half a yard. These are a few pieces I picked up:


I am behind on my Threadology and Aunt Addie blocks. Hopefully I'll get caught up this week.

I did get the quilt on the frame quilted, but didn't have time to do much else.


I'll get it squared up and the binding sewn on this week also.


Bella thought the quilt looked much better with her on it.


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't work well with small pieces, but YOU sure do. Grant's Pass caught my eye. My grandson was staying in Bend, and I have sent mail to him in Grant's Pass to be picked up. He was staying in a 38' 5th wheel, but the rainy spring sent him down to LA. He'll be moving back to Oregon when he finds land to buy. He loves that area.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Still jealous here ;-) Great finds from Jordan's! I love that quilt from the show as well. I love small pieces! Glad that you have more time to plan your house moving adventure. I'll pray that the right home shows up when it's time. I'm still blown away how that worked out for Gloria. She is NOT one to get things prepared quickly but she worked at it long enough and it all worked out. From the decision to 'go for it' and purchase the house she liked to when she was in it cats and all...6 weeks. Having movers help with her packing probably made the biggest difference for her. I was so glad she could do that.

Needled Mom said...

I would have the same panic attack of having to pack up my house for a move. Yikes.

That is a beautiful quilt. I hope if you buy a ticket that it is the winning ticket.

Rose said...

The minute I seen Grant's Pass I thought of Jordan's Fabrics! You got some nice pieces. Wow, that quilt does have tiny pieces!