Monday, May 6, 2019

Plugging away

  
Nothing exciting on the quilting front. The trapezoids are done, now I'm sewing them into pairs, then I'll lay them out on the design floor.

I'm loading another quilt on the frame:


I'm hoping to get the top loaded and hopefully the first two passes done tonight then finish it tomorrow. I have to wait for Bella to go to bed first, she thinks quilts loaded on the frame make great trampolines.

I decided to break out my checkbook and have someone else take care of all the backyard chores.  These pictures are for my mom...


All of the bushes were trimmed. You can see the fountain again...although it looks like it is in a green tunnel.


Fresh tan bark in the front and all of the backyard plant areas. You can barely see Spooky  laying under the bench.


Fresh rocks and the most noticeable item is the patio, I had it power washed. Took the guy over two hours just to do that. My checking account may be crying, but I'm happy.
 

5 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That patio looks really beautiful with the rocks and flowers. I am sure it will give you great pleasure to sit out there this summer.

Loris said...

Your backyard looks wonderful! I love fresh rock and trimmed up plants :-) We got some fresh rock and wood chips this past year and I'm still enjoying how everything looks so much better. Hello to Spooky and Bella :-)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Better to break out the checkbook than to break one's back! It all looks so tidy and pretty! With my garden and the rest of our 3 acres, I'm just never on top of it...but I *try* to enjoy it!

Needled Mom said...

The checkbook may be sighing, but I am sure you are loving having it done. You have to look at it as "supporting the worker" and sparing your body for more fun projects!

Rose said...

The photos may be for your mom, but I enjoyed seeing them. I hate to think what my cats would do if I had a quilt on a frame. If I am working on something, Bubbie thinks it is his job to test it out.