Monday, June 10, 2019

The Search Continues

 
I took a truck load of stuff up to my moms last weekend. While in Grants Pass I looked at houses again. I put an offer on another house, then rescinded it. Loved loved loved the house, it had the perfect sewing room and a huge kitchen, but it also had no real back yard and a very steep incline from the front of the house down to the bottom of the house which continued on down to the street behind the house. It just made me nervous. I know the house would not slide down the hill, but all the tan bark that had been put down would eventually and replacing it along with pulling weeds would be a challenge.

I am still packing up / sorting things in the house. The painter comes tomorrow and the carpet cleaner next week. Then I can stage the house and have the realtor come in and take pictures for the listing.

The sewing room is empty. It is one of the rooms that will be painted. The only thing quilt related I did was a quick stop at Jordan Fabrics to match a Moda Grunge color I ran out of. I knew they would have the right color and they did - Yay!

Since I have to include a picture with the post, and there is nothing quilt related to show. Here are my girls:
 

Bella the bag lady.


And Spooky playing ying and yang with the stone cat.
 

5 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The perfect house is out there somewhere--good luck! Bet the cats are enjoying all the packing bags and boxes.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well from experience, the right house usually comes along when you least expect it...like most things. At least you'll be ready when you find it. My grandson liked Bend when he was there, but when it was really rainy they moved down to LA for a bit. Now he is looking for land just at the California/Oregon line. Since he just got a CA driver's license and plates for his vehicles that must be some incentive to remain in CA. Gosh your kitties are pretty.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Well dang. So close. But I hear you about slopes, they seem like a lot to deal with. We will keep hoping the right house comes on the market soon and sparks your joy ;-) And a trip to Jordan's....sigh...someday :-)
Your girls are looking very happy!

Needled Mom said...

I agree with you about the slopes in the yard. The right one will eventually come and be worth the wait.

Rose said...

I hope you find the right house and know it when you see it....and I do hope the move goes smoothly.