Monday, August 12, 2019

Que será, será

  
I got a call this afternoon from my California realtor letting me know the buyer was backing out of the deal. They wanted me to replace, not repair, fences, the HVAC system, and more. PLUS they wanted me to drop the price $20k ??? My house is 20 years old, it has issues, but it is overall in really good shape, in a very desirable neighborhood with great schools. Most of the things their home inspector found were minor and easily fixable - he even commented it was a really nice house and in good shape. I've already fixed most of the issues he found. There was so much drama with the buyer that I'm actually relieved I don't have to do business with them...

...except I found a house in Oregon that I love 💖. I made an offer and it was accepted!



The sellers of this house are building a new house that won't be finished until the end of October. I'm really hoping they will extend the escrow close as it could take another 10-15 days to sell my house again. I'll know more in the next few days.

On the quilting front, the trapezoid quilt is almost done.


I've decided it is the most boring quilt I've ever made. I only have three more seams to sew (granted they are very long seams) but I'm not excited about finishing it. And I don't have another quilt (or 10) ready and waiting to start. The new Project Linus mystery starts next month and Diane at Butterfly Threads is hosting a sew-along that I think I'll participate in. I'm hoping both of these will help get my quilting mojo jumping again.

Well, I guess I better do my dishes, make my bed, pick up the house, put away the ironing board, vacuum and mow the yard. Hopefully someone will want to see the house tomorrow.
 

4 comments:

Loris said...

Arrrrgh! The drama of real estate! Feeling for you having to go through the showing again. Hopefully that other buyer that was interested will come back and make a quick end to it...or a new one. Hang in there. The new home is gorgeous :-)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh goodness. Well, yes, good riddance to that buyer I guess. Not worth the headache, but I do hope another comes along quickly. The new house looks beautiful!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Those buyers were pretty presumptuous. Better buyers will come along. The house you put a bid on looks Great. Best wishes that this will all work out for you.
xx, Carol

Rose said...

Yes, your home is beautiful...I think it will sell for what you want/need. And as I told you before, I love the new house, too. I do hope it works out for you. I like the trapezoid quilt...

I have no sewing mojo at all...jut cannot settle down and work on anything.