Monday, August 19, 2019

Staying Positive

 
But I gotta say, some days it is difficult. My house still hasn't sold again; I did drop the price so my fingers are crossed. With the loss of the original buyer I am jumping through hoops to keep the house in Oregon. The original buyer did a home inspection so I'm working on all the fixes / repairs needed to my house. It will be good to have them all out of the way.

I finished the trapezoid quilt...okay I like it a little better now that it is done. Bella is really good at kitty approving quilts.


Notice the pillows? Bella is also really good at clawing furniture. I've found putting pillows at corners helps. Any other suggestions?


The quilt is 57 x 73 inches.


Is there a cat around that doesn't like playing with measuring tapes?

I found a good solution for sewing mojo...find something already cut out so you don't have to think, all you have to do is sew.


I'm not a big fan of log cabin blocks, but I love Moda's French General fabrics. I think these are going to go together fast.
 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

My fingers are crossed for a quick sale. Your quilt looks great. Your kitty likes it too!! Lucky for you to find a project that's ready to sew. Cutting is, of course, my least favorite step in stitching a quilt.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

I really like your trapezoids quilt. Bella has good taste. As to her taste for scratching...the pillows are a good idea or that fabric tape for awhile that discourages scratching. I'm sure you've already got the good scratching posts and pads with catnip but those have worked well for our group.
The log cabin will be beautiful with those gorgeous hand cuts from Jordan's. Great idea as you work through this transition!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the trapezoids. It is a bright colorful quilt and makes me feel smart just looking at it!

Rose said...

The trapezoid quilt has the KTCA seal of approval...Kitty Tested, Cat Approved. I love log cabin blocks...so many ways to set them together. I LOVE your fabrics.