Monday, September 2, 2019

What day is it?

  
The house sold again. This time I think it will stick. Escrow closes on September 26 so I am doing some serious packing. I took a load up to my mom's this past weekend and will probably take at least one load a week. My poor little truck is starting to have some mileage - I bought it three years ago, it is a 2001 Toyota Tacoma. When I bought it it had about 34k miles on it, now it has a little over 40k. It is a very basic truck, manual transmission, manual locks, and manual window handles - when was the last time you had to turn a handle to lower the windows? It is a cab plus so it does has a little bit of extra room. Right now I don't know what I'd do without it.

There are so many little things that need to get taken care of, making repairs to the house (or hiring someone to do the repairs), changes of address, homeowners insurance, scheduling movers (can you say $$$), open enrollment for medical insurance; cancelling utilities, cancelling TV/internet; and trying to see friends one last time before I leave for Oregon. I have lists, multiple lists.

I'll be staying at my mom's for 6-8 weeks until my new house is available, then I'm sure there will be more lists.

I'm trying to say positive and think all the possibilities of the new house.  Which room should be my sewing room? The office with all the built-in selves and cabinets?


Or the smaller bedroom with lots of windows? (tried to talk the seller into leaving the vintage Dresden quilt and treadle sewing machine but she said no)


Or both? The quilt frame and Juki will go in one of the rooms and the little Bernina in the other.


Bella was so helpful, she packed herself in this box. She then tried to eat it.


I have had time to sew a bit in the evenings. Making very slow progress on the log cabin blocks.


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm so glad this is all coming together for you. Bet you have mega lists. I live by lists, big or small depending on what event is going on. Shelves or windows. Hard choice. I would choose shelves in the sewing room but I'd like the windows in the room I spend the most time in.. Would love to see more pictures of the house you are moving too. Congratulations!
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Oh YAY! I'm so glad another buyer stepped up! And yes, the work is on you now for the move. Sorry you have to have that transition time but the new house is so lovely and it will be worth it. Gloria stayed with us about 3 weeks and it all went well though the kitties had to stay at a kennel during that time. It was a great kennel place but still not home. I would love to see more of those inside pictures too. They took them off the website so fast, I only got one peek.
As to sewing rooms...they are both wonderful! Those shelves might beg for some beautiful arrangement of stash but windows and room for a big cutting table or something might be nice too. Wow! Thanks for the update. Prayers for your sanity through out this process. It will be so worth all the work!

Rose said...

I do hope the sale sticks this time...I know you are anxious to get this settled. Toyota Tacoma...I would love to have one...cannot imagine rolling down windows the old way but would love it. I have a Toyota camry and let me tell you it was perfect when I leg was broke...perfect height to get in and out of. But still, I miss a truck. I had a truck when Roger and I got married....

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I hope the contract goes through successfully. A move is always stressful so be sure to take it easy and give yourself time to breathe. The new place looks great! I would store the fabric in the room with the shelves and sew in the room with the windows!