Monday, October 28, 2019

Still in Limbo


The people who I bought my house from are having a new house built, it was supposed to be finished by October 31.  Guess what? Yup. They have asked to continue renting until mid-December. I'm really hoping it won't take longer.

To while away the time, I've been helping my mom with a major cleanup of her basement - I broke the basement today, for some reason none of the electrical outlets are working (yes, I checked the circuit breaker). I've joined a cross stitch group that meets twice a week (I've only been going once a week). I've gone to a few quilt shows, including a road trip back to California for the Pacific International Quilt Festival (I'll share pictures next week). Gotten my library card and my Oregon driver's license (DMV screwed up and put a picture of an old lady on my driver's license). And done very little sewing.

My mom really likes the log cabin quilt I've been working on so I'm trying to figure out how to make a 60 inch center fit a queen size bed.


I'm thinking lots of borders. I'm trying to decide if I want to add a small border (or two) of the hunter green that is in the large print fabric. It will probably be determined by whether or not I can find a fabric that matches.

Bella has settled in really well. Every door here has a sign on it saying "CAT!" to remind everyone not to let the cat out. We (my mom) has also had to move every house plant to either my mom's bedroom / bathroom or the garage as Bella loves to eat plants. We even had to move a few fake ones. I got her a tub of wheat grass that she can eat instead, hopefully she will stop chewing on the fake plants.


She LOVES my mom's gas fireplace. Who doesn't love a warm belly. ;o)
 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

you broke the basement, lol. Well, we woke up one day with 1/2 the outlets in the room behind the garage (used to be a family room) did not work. Terry has tried to find the problem but our house has been added onto several times before we bought it so it's hard to figure out. We think some critter might have got into the attic and chewed a wire. One of the tribulations of owning an older home. Well, at least your sellers have to pay you rent. I suspect the next month and 1/2 will fly by. Love the pic of your kitty enjoying the fire place.
Happy Halloween
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Yikes! what time to be moving! Typical of building schedules though. I'm glad you and Bella have a warm spot to enjoy in the meantime.
The log cabin is so lovely. It will be beautiful on her bed.
Looking forward to the quilt show pictures.
Hugs =^..^=
Loris

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Darned DMV. I'm pretty concerned that's going to happen to me the next time I go in ;o). Looks like you're doing everything ELSE you can do to get settled in there at least! Our cats hang out on the furnace vents but when I light a fire (we have a wood burning), one will actually jump up on the hearth right in front of the screen.

Rose said...

I LOVE your log cabin...I hope you find the green to match.

I just want to reach out and rub Bella's belly...my Bubbie likes to sleep like that sometimes. When he was young, he slept that way a lot.

I do hope you get to move to your house soon.