Monday, September 30, 2019

I'm Here

  
Moving is not fun. Half of my belongings are in this trailer in storage, and the other half is in my mom's garage. It will be roughly six weeks (cross your fingers) before I can move into my new house.


In the meantime I've set up a sewing station at my mom's. Don't you love the little side table, I got it at a garage sale.


I have been able to do a little bit of sewing, I'm even further along than this picture shows. One more strip and I'll be able to start laying out the blocks.


At the same garage sale I bought this beautiful little quilt. The label on the back dates it to November 1998.



Look at those points! And how small the pieces are! The quilt is 18 inches square.


I think it may have been paper pieced. I'd love to find the pattern and make a new version. I wonder how difficult it is to draw your own paper piecing templates?
 

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I've been thinking of you and wondering how the move is going. 6 weeks will fly by. glad you got a sewing station set up. I have been wanting one of those acrylic extensions for my Viking. now that I am learning to quilt, maybe....

Glad you are settled in for the time being. You'll be in your own place before Turkey Day!
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Well, that sewing space looks like a needed haven for you. Hopefully, it will help the time pass quickly. Yay! for Jordan's precuts! :-)

Loris said...

P.S. the garage sale find is rather beautiful! Amazing work!

Rose said...

I swear Blogger plays tricks on me...I was just here within the past week and it still came up with the previous post...I thought I hoped nothing was wrong...that you were not having time to do a post. So, I come back this evening and here this is, and clearly was posted well before I was last here.

I love your fabrics for the log cabin blocks...they are gorgeous. and that little quilt is amazing...lucky you to find it.