Monday, November 4, 2019

PIQF

 
Warning: lot of pictures.

The Pacific International Quilt Show in Santa Clara, CA this year was great for quilts, not so much for vendors. I don't know if it is because this show is just before Fall quilt market or what, but vendor wise there was nothing new or exciting...or maybe I'm just jaded or have way too much stash (probably both).  I didn't but any fabric, but did buy two new patterns.

BUT the quilts were great. Here are a few of my favorites:



The flowers in this quilt were embroidered and crocheted or tatted. Beautiful.



Loved the quilting in this modern quilt.



The weasel was adorable and had lots of texture.



This quilt is for Rose; a new layout for crumb blocks. Loved the colors.


I texted a picture of the pirate quilt to a friend who's youngest son loves everything pirates. He was a pirate last year for Halloween and a zombie pirate this year. :o)



If I remember correctly the bow ties were two inch blocks.



Loved the details of this medallion quilt.
 

This quilt was my favorite.


The fabric was a waxed linen.


It looked like carved Alabaster.


Loved the details of this old house.


I want to make this quilt.


Even the borders were pieced blocks.



Two fabrics and threadplay. Another favorite.



Fun modern quilt. I really liked the colors and the quilting.

As always it was a fun day spent with quilts and friends.

Next week I'll show some pictures of the quilts from the Material Girls of Shady Cove quilt show.

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lots of great quilts to see. I am partial to the Victorian house. They all are labors of love, but especially that HOUSE!! It is the design of home I have always wanted to live in, but I'd need an elevator now to navigate the stairs.
xx, Carol

Loris said...

Wow! Those quilts are beautiful. The zebra quilt really got my attention. What a fun design!

Rose said...

Thank you so much for the quilt show! I liked what I saw. There is some fabulous quilting!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow so many beautiful quilts. Loved all the pictures. My favorite is the mansion. It looks haunted, but I might want to live there anyway.