Monday, January 20, 2020

(Bleep)


I know I'm not suppose to use that kinda language, but I can't believe I triple checked, and looked at the picture for days before I realized I was missing a stitch in my blackwork square...it has now been fixed, week two is done, and week three is in process...


I'm picking colors at random. The blue is a little pale but I still like it. This is so much fun!

I finished piecing the rails for the sampler quilt...


I added more of the bright pink. I hope it toned the pink block down a bit - hmmm, maybe not. I really didn't like the look of this block even though I made it as the pattern directed...


So I changed it around.


Not my favorite block but better. I don't know how much time I'll get to spend sewing this week - and why I still haven't unpacked fabric - I'm getting the whole interior of the house painted and I can't decide on a color. Doesn't help that they will start painting Wednesday.


One is two dark, two are too white, one is too pink and another is too peachy. I have two more samples to put on the wall tomorrow. I love the color names: pure white, nano white, heavy cream, white mocha, new house white. I'll test swiss coffee and cottage white tomorrow.

This was my view last Thursday...



I got about 3-4 inches of snow. I had two paint contractors out for bids on Thursday, both had to put their trucks into four-wheel drive to get up my driveway. Both my car and truck are two-wheel drive, so I didn't go anywhere. Most of it was gone by Friday afternoon. Love living in Oregon. ;o)



5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Testing paint colors is fun, or so I think. That is too much snow! We got some then freezing rain and plunging temps. The dogs did not like crunching through the snow. At least the weather gave you time to stitch a while.
xx, Carol

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your sampler quilt is so beautiful! Love the color combinations you choose. I find it difficult to choose paint colors too, since it affects so much, but the results are almost worth it.

Loris said...

Lovely work on your cross stitch. I don't think my eyes could take doing it as this stage but I love looking at it :-)
Paint colors can be a bit tough to choose I think. But from the ever so realistic view through the computer (Ha!) I like that second one from the top. :-) The snow looks so beautiful.

Bonnie said...

I love your stitching and the quilt. You get a lot done. I understand your problem with choosing paint. I've always had trouble doing that. Good luck with all the painting!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

It always amazes me how differently the colors look in my home (and from room to room) than they do at the store. And yes, soooo many variations of white! I love to repaint and I even love to pick it out but I just wish it didn't require so much time to get just that right one!
The stitching, the quilt and the snow all look great! Finally getting snow here, tho it's pretty wet and not very white out.