Monday, January 27, 2020

Triple Bleep

 
I'm having the whole inside of my new house painted. Unfortunately I picked the wrong contractor. He's a very nice guy, and his crew is very nice, however I don't think (with one exception) any of them have painting experience. They have worked five days and there is not one room that is 100% finished. (Insert bleep here.)

I don't know why I unpacked, with the painting my sewing room had to be dismantled, all the closets emptied, and a lot of stuff was moved out to the garage which is now a mess again. Most of the furniture is covered in plastic.



(Insert second bleep here.)

Remember my showing these two pictures last week...


(Insert third bleep here.) The two pieces that are circled are the two I wanted to turn. They are not the two pieces I turned in the second picture. I'm not taking it apart again.

 

While I've been babysitting painters and watching paint dry, I did get caught up with the black work stitch along and have about half the frames stitched. Wednesday will be a new filler design.

Sorry about the language, hopefully next week will be better.
 

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh I feel for you! I've gone through that painting and it is such an upset.
I moved into our house and unpacked and then within the year had it painted. ouch. hang in there, you'll love it when its pulled back together.
Your "new" block looks good and no one will know that it was supposed to be churn dash.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

O man!! I feel your pain. It's so hard to know who works the best when you move to a new area and want to hire contractors. Unfortunately even when you research reputations on line rave reviews can me phony. Finally we have a land deal in escrow in CA. I am lucky, my grandson is handling all the business of removing house and sheds and replacing them with a new house and pole barn. Today I am grateful for video chatting. Hope those guys wrap up their painting more quickly.
xx, Carol

Rose said...

I sure hate to hear you are having problems with your crew! What a challenge it is to find people that want to do their job right and that know how to do a job.

I feel your pain with the quilt block...if it makes you feel any better, I have seen then done this way. But I know it is not what you had wanted. If I was there I would take it apart for you.

One time I was making friendship star blocks, and got one half square triangle turned wrong...not only once but twice, and I think a third time. The same half square triangle...not ones from different blocks! I have no idea what my problems was...I was still relatively young.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh dear. But will anyone else know that block is off? As for the painting, oy--contractors. (A note to self to continue to do my own painting till I no longer can--and I think that time isn't far off so I guess if I want anything painted I had better be doing it very soon!) . I hope it's all done soon. I know how frustrating the mess can be!

Loris said...

Oh my! That is not good news :-( I hope they can finish up soon and that it looks better than you hope when they are done.
Your cross stitch is looking lovely and I would leave that block too. It's just a new design.
I haven't felt up to writing about it yet but Elinor continued to decline last week. We let her go on Friday. A hard loss for both Marianne and me. I'm trying to focus on being grateful that she doesn't feel bad anymore and that we were able to see her go very gently without a lot of distress beforehand. She is missed a lot.