Monday, January 13, 2020

Making Progress

 
I have all of the blocks finished for the Land of Lincoln Sampler...


Oh my, that pink is bright! The rails are cut out; I need to get them sewn together but I've been a little distracted...


This is the first block for the first week of the blackwork SAL I decided to participate in. This one was pretty easy. I'm a week behind, and according to the Facebook group participants, the next block is a little bit more challenging. I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow. New block designs are released every Wednesday morning. I originally pulled floss colors similar or  close to the designer's colors chart but I think I'd rather it was more colorful so will probably chose a random color every week. Should be fun.

Well I didn't get my fabric put away but I did rearrange the stuff in the garage and all the Christmas decorations are now in plastic bins and stored in one area of the garage. I also have all my stamping / craft stuff grouped in one area and power tools in another. Productive afternoon.

It is supposed to rain, and possibly snow, for the next five days. This should give me lots of time to put away fabric, sew and stitch.



4 comments:

Loris said...

I love the Lincoln blocks! It will be fun to see how these are put together.
Your cross stitch start is also lovely. The fabric re-organizing can wait :-)

Bonnie said...

That Lincoln Sampler is going to be gorgeous! It sounds like you've gotten a lot done if you've organized things in the garage. That is always a big one for me. The Blackwork is pretty. It will be interesting to see the other blocks.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The blocks look great! Jealous of the snow!

Rose said...

I love your blocks. I can't wait to see it all put together.

You have been busy! I cannot seem to focus on any one area and get it decluttered and get things the way I like. We have such a small house and have so much stuff in it.