Monday, May 4, 2020

Progress all around

 
Well I didn't finish squaring up all the General Jack HST but I did make a dent in them. You can kinda sorta see them and my Bloc-Loc ruler at the top of this picture:


I got caught up on my blackwork SAL - I was about six weeks behind.

Gudrun Erla of GE Designs had another quarantine sew along on Sunday. I really really really wanted to sew along also. But I didn't (pat on back). I did follow along on Facebook throughout the day but I was determine to start quilting Lincoln's Sampler. I got the large top band of all the fans quilted to stabilize the sandwich and got a row completely done before I ran out of bobbin thread.


I bought two spools of the top thread knowing it was going to take a lot but only one spool of the bobbin thread. Not one of my smarter moments. I picked up more thread today so should be able to continue quilting this week. The fans take a bit of time, and a bit of maneuvering of the quilt, but so far have been pretty easy to do. All using my walking foot.


I have to "pack the quilt up" when I'm not working on it because Bella loves to dig into quilts. Literally digs with her claws. Luckily I was able to distract her with another old quilt that she is allowed to dig into.

I've also got her a new cat tower a few weeks ago. She has clawed huge bald spots in the old one.

She is slowly starting to use the new one. The old one is so ratty looking but she still love to chase her tail through the hole so I don't what to get rid of it. I'll probably move the old one to my bedroom. Maybe then she won't claw at my mattress. I love my cat...I love my cat...remind me often that I love my cat.
 

3 comments:

Loris said...

I followed along with Gudrun as well. I was going to try the quilt but could not find any fabric that I wanted to use for it. Instead I cut charm squares all day but then found so many of them were just plain too ugly and pulled them out for donation or trash and then put the whole thing away :-0
I do need to make a charity quilt for the Hands2Help drive but I am completely stalled. I have the binding on Straits and am stalled with the hand sewing but I'm getting closer. Masks seem to be still the thing that keeps me sewing.
Great work on getting your Lincoln Sampler going!
I love those cat trees =^..^=

Rose said...

You are so committed to getting things done...I wish I was. I have great plans but get detoured...most times it is mental. And I don't know how to get past things.

What is it about quilts we are working on? Bubbie never touches my quilt I use in my chair, but let me start quilting one, and He will want to be in it and on it...I guess he thinks I am quilting it for him.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Your projects are coming along nicely. It would be nice if our feline friends could pick up some of the slack, clean up their fur, SOMEthing! I have to remind hubs and myself often that our two at least keep the mice out of the house. I like to let shipping boxes (from online orders) sit out for awhile for them to play with (especially if we're going out of town for awhile); then I can just toss 'em into the recycling (the boxes, not the cats!). Toys with hours of entertainment that we don't have to keep around. Anything to distract them from my furniture!