Monday, June 22, 2020

It's getting hot!

 
It is suppose to be 98 degrees tomorrow. Too hot!! I melt when it's hot. I am very glad I'm not in California. Roseville has already had 3-4 days over 100 and it is supposed to over a 100 there for the next 3 days. Yikes!

Last week was the third Friday in June (again Yikes where does the time go) so I hustled and quilted the whale quilt so I could turn it at the Kiwanis Quilts for Kids meeting.


Simple quilting, mostly straight line frames. I in-the-ditch stitched around the whale applique and then tried some FMQ "water" in the background. It was supposed to be a working / sewing meeting but I was the only person who stayed and sewed (binding). 

My mom asked for some coasters for her bedroom that coordinate with her quilt. When I dug out the scraps I had just enough for the coasters and a small table topper.


Probably should have quilted the center of the table topper but really didn't feel like it. It is doubtful that she will ever wash it so it's probably okay.

My goal for this week is to finish piecing the sports themed quilt. I have all but two rows of blocks sewn together, and half of the rows are already sewn together so it shouldn't take long to finish the top.

I also want to finish setting up my quilt frame so I can quilt the sports quilt before the third Friday in July.

 

4 comments:

Loris said...

Yikes,that's hot! Had to check our weather report. Fortunately, we are not following suit. I melt easily too ;-)
I love what you did with those whales. Someone is going to be very happy receiving it.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love those whales! I’m in Roseville and it is hot for sure!

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Funny thing about table toppers that I always have to remind myself: you always put something in the center of it and it covers your work/design so, no worries if you weren't feeling it on the quilting! You could always go back and quilt a little something if she needs to wash it. Nice of you to make that set for her!

Rose said...

You did a nice job on the quilting of the whale quilt. Love the table topper and the coasters.