Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Finishes

 
I finished quilting two table runners last week.


I quilted wonky oak leaves in the center of the quilt and in the border. Still have to hand sew the binding down.


These were extra blocks from a quilt Nancy made (many) years ago. She made the table runner and I volunteered to quilt it.


I've been wanting to try lines on a quilt. Since this table topper had fabric with wavy lines, I tried to create something similar to the fabric. I used a variegated thread which normally my Juki hates.


I will not be posting next week as I will be at a quilt retreat with friends and no internet.
  

3 comments:

Loris said...

Lovely finishes! Your leaves look good and I like the wavy lines on the other runner. I'm glad your machine accepted the variegated thread. I quilted with some yesterday as well. It adds a little to the texture to the quilting. Fortunately, my machine was 'accepting' it as well :-) Have fun on your retreat!

Needled Mom said...

Both look really nice. I do like that wavy line quilting.

Rose said...

I like them both...I have been wanting to try lines like that last one. Actually, there are two or three quilting designs I would like to try.