Monday, July 26, 2021

 

There was almost no sewing done last week...I tried to sew the guild community service blocks yesterday but there was a problem...

These were precut by a guild member - one block per baggie. A rail fence block must be square...these were 5 x 6 inches. I had picked up four baggies and they were all the same.

I've made a little bit of progress on my English Garden blackwork. Tuesday morning I worked on the far upper left section...Tuesday afternoon I took it all out. I consistently missed a stitch in each flower...eight flowers...adds up. Jack and I are good buddies.

Garage sale finds...love the greens.

Donated blood on Friday...8 units equals one gallon!!! Add that to what I donated in Roseville and I am over ten gallons!!!  Yay me!!
 


I tried to work on my July UFO - Aunt Addy. I started with Plan A.

But I wasn't sure I had enough of the tan fabric so I auditioned Plan B, C and D, didn't like them so I went shopping.

I really like Plan E's gold fabric I purchased with this floral from my stash...I like it too much...more than I like the blocks. Soooooo...

 Back to Plan A. I went back over my math and decided to just go for it. Luckily I had enough of the tan with a little bit left over. This week I'll get the top pieced. I may put a thin border of red between the tan and brown border fabric.

My cat is weird.  No bugs or lizards. But she sits facing the door everyday. Maybe she's holding down the carpet so it doesn't fly away. ??



2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on reaching such a milestone of donating blood. So very generous of you. I guess I don't shop enough yard sales, because I haven't found one with fabric - haven't found thrift shops with it either, unless you count clothing I have to cut up. I liked plan A best so I am glad it worked.

Rose said...

That is a lot of blood! I like the idea f the red inner border. I like all auditions.

Wish I could come across a goid yard sale!