Monday, August 2, 2021

Fabric Artist Trading Card Swap

 

We swapped our fabric artist trading cards at today's guild meeting. 

Each one is so different! Some people (like me) made all their cards the same. Some people made each one a variation of a theme, and a couple people made every single card different. I have an idea on how I want to display them but it may take a bit to get it made.

Well...I've been more interested in working on my blackwork and reading than quilting so I didn't finish my July UFO by the end of July, but I do hope to finish it by the end of this week.

Hmmm...it wasn't until I took this picture that I realized the zigzag is horizontal not vertical...oh well, my goal was to use all the block I made and I did.

My August UFO is this project from a class I took about 15 years ago. It was a one day class and I didn't get very far. Everything is traced, some of it is cut out and some of it is fused to the back ground fabric.

However....the 2021 Project Linus Mystery starts at the end of this month and I haven't finished my 2020 quilt. The 2020 quilt is on my UFO Challenge list so I may swap it. Or maybe not...or maybe I'll go squirrel hunting.

Are you a fan of The Quilt Show? I've been aware of it but have not really paid a lot of attention to it. Ricky Tims has recorded (or is recording, the last one is this coming Friday) a free video tutorial of his Kool Kaleidoscope quilt. A link to the videos is here. I really (really really) want to make this quilt. The biggest thing holding me back is the technique requires yardage and most of my stash is fat quarters....but I do have all the lovely half yard cuts of batiks that Donna gave me in June. Hmmm... I may go squirrel hunting.

She is just plain weird...

I double checked...no lizards, no bugs, nothing.



3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

The ATCs are so pretty! It makes sense to make them all the same, since many people will be receiving them. I too am in the process of making an ATC holder - it is a long term project.

Rose said...

Oh, I don't even know where to begin...I love all the ATCs...I could not pick a favorite, after yours. I just love that sewing machine and the line of stitching.

I like your zig zag quilt...

I would love to know what Bella is so intent on. That is weird. No other word for it. It looks like she is expecting someone to come through the door at any minute.

Barb said...

what wonderful trading cards. How fun to trade them again. I did that many years ago and still some mine.
My calico is weird too. haha