Monday, November 21, 2022

Plus Five, Minus Three

 I said I wasn't but I did. Last Friday I picked up five quilts that someone else made that needed quilting.


With one exception they are all simple quilts and won't take any time to quilt. 


They all have backs and batting but no binding.

On the other side, Joanne has an urgent need for quilts before Christmas, so I've been stepping up my quilting. Instead of a quilt a week I've been doing a quilt a day.




I didn't make any of the quilts. The quilting on all is pretty simple as the focus is getting it done. The bindings are made and will be added later this week.

So 30 + 5 - 3 = 32. I think that's progress (sort of, maybe not).

Before Friday I was trying really hard to get caught on Bon Appetit with Ash as the "big reveal" was Saturday. I made pretty good progress there.


Two more food blocks. 


And Ash! Isn't he cute. I still need to applique everything down, then I'll be ready to finish up the top, hopefully before the next mystery starts next August.

Are you splurging on any pre-Black Friday sales? I did.


Happy sigh...new rulers and Glide thread. Can't wait to play with them all.







3 comments:

Rose said...

I still think you really accomplish a lot. I love the quilting on the corner of the second one that is flipped back. Those food blocks are so, so cute. My daughter's sister-in-law loves pigs! She would so appreciate Ash.

Rose said...

Did you quilt the sashing with the design you used on the border? I am on my computer now and still cannot tell. I like the design.

Needled Mom said...

Great job on the extra quilting!