Monday, November 28, 2022

Plus Zero, Minus Four

 

I feel like I've finally made a dent in quilting donation quilt tops.  I haven't done one a day (caught a cold Thanksgiving day, so took a two day break), but as of today I've finished four more.

This is Angela's sampler quilt. We made the quilts together so she could learn how to make various blocks. She doesn't like the quilt, so she is donating it. I've told her (with love) that she is nuts. I love it.


I quilted it with a soft yellow thread in an all over meander. The back is the softest flannel ever.

This simple fire engine quilt was another estate sale find. Again, an all over meander in light blue thread.

And another really soft flannel back.

This quilt, and the fourth quilt not pictured, are two that I picked up last week. I did curlicues in the border and an all over meander in the center. 


I don't have binding for these quilts so I'm trying a new-to-me technique of bringing the backing forward to make the binding.  Not my favorite process, but it works.

I still have binding to attach to a few of the quilts. I've also found I don't have backs made for all the quilts - coulda swore I did. I'll spend tomorrow making backs and adding binding then start quilting again on Thursday (gotta get some Xmas shopping done on Wednesday).

As they say, no rest for the wicked. (hehehehe)

I did something I've never done before - I purchased a mystery box! After seeing a couple of positive comments on Facebook I purchase a Handiquilter ruler mystery box. It gets delivered tomorrow. I'm soooooo excited!! I'll show you all the goodies next week.





2 comments:

Rose said...

Someone will be very blessed to receive Angela's quilt! Any kid will love the fire engine one. I almost always think any boy, but at that age our granddaughter loved hot wheels and trains, and all that stuff.

I think you have accomplished a lot, specially considering you have had a cold. I hope you are completely recovered from it.

Needled Mom said...

You accomplished a lot even if you were knocked down with a cold. Nice job on them.