Monday, February 13, 2023

Birdies


Whew! I really sweated and struggled quilting the road panel.

I think it took a whole 20 minutes to quilt. I debated between red or yellow binding and decided on the red. I love the flannel backing I found for this quilt panel.

Next up is Oliver in the Doghouse. I loaded it, completed the first pass across the top then got to the row of birdies. I had an idea of how I wanted to quilt them but wasn't 100% sure and I needed to think about how to quilt them continuously.

I took a picture loaded it onto my laptop and played with the quilt design in MS Photo.

I'm using a pale silver thread so it was a little difficult to see as I was quilting and after I finished.

My first feathers using the Moxie! I'm super happy with the results. 

All the little birdies are finished.


Now I need to figure out what to quilt in the rest. 

There was a new Project Quilting prompt yesterday: A Novel Project. I have a couple of ideas of what I'd like to make. One involves going to JoAnn's for fabric. It's supposed to snow here overnight so that may not be an option, but I do have a backup plan. More details later this week.



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Love the quilting on the birdies. I hope the backup plan works for Project Quilting.

Rose said...

I cannot believe I am this late commenting. I so love the way you are quilting the birdies. I need to attempt some feathers. Yours are wonderful And love the road panel and the backing is perfect. Some kid is going to enjoy it. Lorelei would have loved it when she was younger.

I cannot think of thing for the prompt.