Monday, March 20, 2023

Happy Spring

 This is my one and only daffodil, it proves Spring is here. Today was sunny and it almost, almost, reached 60 degrees. Time to get out the sundresses. Hehehehe

I was not in the mood to sew or quilt this past week so I didn't participate in the final Project Quilting challenge Conquer a Fear. However, I did finish the project I was going to do late Sunday after the deadline. It only took me six days to quilt a little bitty two fabric quilt.


It's a double flannel that I bravely quilted in swirls. I have a very difficult time quilting consistent swirls. They usually morph into something else.


I threw in little zigzags as filler where there was no room for a swirl. I don't know if I improved or got worse by the end. ;o)

This is a sample of the next quilt to be loaded.


I didn't make the quilt. It is another one that was donated to Quilts for Kids. I have ideas on how to quilt it but I can't figure out how to travel across the quilt. I definitely don't want to tie-off a hundred times.

I've started a new quilt. Below are the fabrics. It is a layer cake by Basic Grey. I love the neutral colors.


The pattern I'm going to use to Kira by GE Designs. Alas I cut the first four blocks too small. I'm going to piece the blocks to see how "off" it is. I think I can continue making smaller blocks but I'm worried the overall quilt will be too small.

Stay tuned for suspenseful results next week.



2 comments:

Rose said...

Your swirls look great to me. I looked up Kira...that is an interesting quilt. I tend to like things like that.

Needled Mom said...

Such a lovely daffodil for spring! I love that "up next to quilt" quilt. I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.