Tuesday, April 25, 2023

More Awake Now

 It is fun to travel, but there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

As I mentioned yesterday, I visited Nancy's new home in Pelzer, SC. We went to QuiltFest in Greenville. Since Blogger is behaving, I can show you a few (okay, a lot) of the quilts from the show.


I loved this one. Every time I look at it I see something new. It has incredible quilting. Below are a few other favorites.



Don't ya love a happy dog.



A friend of Nancy's made the above quilt. She won a 3rd prize ribbon.




There was also a series of barn quilts.








And yes, there was sewing. Nancy has a huge new sewing room over the garage. I would kill for single room that I could put all my quilting stuff in that also had lots of storage and a bathroom. ;o)

I gave Nancy the purple pin cushion and while I was at her house I made a matching pop-up thread catcher.


Finished an embroidery project I've been working on forever.


I'm making Kira by G.E. Designs from a couple of Basic Gray layer cakes. I cut everything before I left and got the first round of blocks make.


I've really missed Nancy, so it was wonderful spending time with her and her husband Steve, seeing their new home, going to South Carolina for the first time (very green, very pretty), and getting to spend some sewing time with Nancy. Hopefully I'll be able to do it again soon.


1 comment:

Rose said...

I am glad you had a good time. The Elephant is amazing. I see so many other animals! Did you notice around the eyes? And seashells...just so many. I would love to have a great big poster of it to put on the wall and see what all I could see.

Loved the cat quilt, too...the Dog was amazing, too.