Monday, May 1, 2023

Quiet Week

 It's been a quiet week. I mention in March that I was making GE Design's Kira quilt using an old Moda Basic Gray layer cake. I messed up the first two blocks I cut then decided I needed another layer cake to have a large enough quilt so I ordered another Moda Basic Gray layer cake. I cut everything out before I went to Nancy's and took the project with me. I got the initial blocks made at Nancy's.

This past week I ironed the blocks flat, did the second cut, sewed the blocks back together and have almost all of them squared up.

Here is kinda sorta what the quilt will look like:

Very muted colors. This is not the final layout. I need a bigger design bed. The finished quilt will be 8 x 10 blocks measuring roughly 64 x 80 inches. I like the pattern and the blocks were easy to make, but my fabric choice may be a bit busy for the pattern. Oh well, it is what it is, and I will finish it.

I made absolutely no progress on my April UFO challenge other than deciding on a pattern. May's UFO challenge is another new quilt. This is looking to be a busy month with not much time for quilting so I think both quilts are going back in que. I really don't want to start another quilt. What I really need to do is get a quilt loaded on the frame and finish something. 

2 comments:

Rose said...

Oh. I like this! And love the fabrics!

Mary said...

I love this….both the fabrics and the quilt design.