Monday, October 16, 2023

Marathon Sewing

 Sometimes it looks like I've accomplished a lot when in truth it took very little time. This past week I don't feel like I got much done but I spent a LOT of time sewing.

First up, the guild community service quilt was quilted, bound, and turned in today.


I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt! No big loss really as it was kinda ugly. ;o)

I finished the hand sewing of the binding on Brightly.


This picture doesn't do the quilt justice, it is so bright and cheerful. I love it - it's MINE. ;o)

I spent a lot of time stitching everything down on my wool class project.


Everything but the needle turn applique. I got a quick and dirty lesson at today's guild meeting. This is a Sue Spargo type project, we had our second class today and learned five stitches. There is a LOT of homework. Luckily, I have a month to do it all.

The fourth clue for Project Linus The A-Maze-ing Tyler was released last Saturday. I spent all day, and night, trying to catch up. 


I got the first three clues finished and made a good start on the fourth clue.

Aunt Daisy status: 70 out of 192 triangle-in-a-square units are finished. At this rate it's going to take me two years to finish this quilt instead of one. I really need to up my game on this one.



2 comments:

Rose said...

I love your wool applique! And that little turtle in the Project Linus is so, so adorable. And I so love Brightly...I am glad you are keeping it for yourself.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow that is a lot of wonderful projects at your workspace. Love the colors on the guild quilt. How great that you get to keep your own brightly quilt. The maze looks intriguing. Handwork is always fun too.