Monday, April 22, 2019

Getting Bored

 
I got bored with string blocks so switched over to the trapezoid blocks. I don't know which is worse, making 144 string blocks or 238 trapezoid blocks. Current I have 53 string blocks made and about the same number of trapezoids. I think I need a finish of some sort to help a bit with the boredom. Maybe if I quilt another small quilt or table topper that will help my attitude....nah.

I am caught up on my Threadology blocks. Four more weeks and I'll be able to finish up this quilt.


I have been trying to work in my back yard a bit. It is soooo overgrown but kinda pretty at the same time. I'm getting the first blooms on my roses...which is always the prettiest.


The red roses are as big as my hands...and I have really big hands.


The yellow buds look like long stem roses. I'm really tempted to cut them to create a bouquet for the house. But I know a cat who would think they were a wonderful appetizer. 

 I wish I'd taken a close up of the rose on the bottom right. This variegated rose gets more orange as the summer progresses.


LOVE the close up of this iris. Not bad for an iPhone picture.


And (happy dance) my lemon tree is blooming. It's been really sad looking and bloomed last November (way too early). I wasn't too sure how it was going to do this spring. It was also full of bees (more happy dancing).

You know I'm bored with quilting if I'm willing to do yard work.

2 comments:

Loris said...

The flowers are so gorgeous! We are enjoying such beautiful flowers and greens around here...as are the deer :-)
Gloria's escrow closes today! So we are moving a few things there and picking up her cats from their luxury "prison"...which actually is a great pet kennel in SLO. She has been able to visit them for brushing etc. every day and they had such a great large condo to sleep in. They are headed for a cat mansion this afternoon! Her furniture etc comes tomorrow. This has been lots of work and we are so excited! Barely a stitch of sewing has happened but that will come.

Needled Mom said...

I agree. The first roses are always the best. Those are all so pretty.

I chuckled at your boredom comment. I get bored doing the repetition too.