Monday, April 8, 2019

Progress


 I'm still working on string blocks, but I'm a little tired of showing them and I'm sure you are tired of seeing them. I'll show them again with there is something a little more interesting to see.

I got caught up on my Aunt Addie’s Blue Ribbon Quilt (the official name of the Kathleen Tracy's 2019 mystery quilt). Don't look to too closely at those points, they are going to disappear when I sew the whole thing together. The dark blue one really stands out doesn't it?


I'm almost caught up on the Threadology quilt. The two large blocks are sewn, the smaller ones are cut out. Hopefully I'll have time to put them together tomorrow.


I've made at least one large block and two small blocks with all of the various fabrics I have (10 different fabrics).  I've used up almost all of the fat quarters. I have large cuts of five fabrics but I don't want to repeat the fabrics too much - there are still three blocks left (6 large and 12 small).


This week is the Northern California Quilt Rush, I may hit a couple of the local shops to see if I can find anything that will coordinate - I'm not sure about adding another color or what color to add. Then again maybe having repeats won't be that bad.
 

2 comments:

Loris said...

Lovely progress! Your Threadology quilt is going to be beautiful!
Not much sewing going on here but my sis is now a Cambrian :-) She's staying with us till her escrow closes. Found the most wonderful place to board her sweet kitties. Large condos with window seats during the day and places to climb. Lots of fresh air and they can be together. Their new house will have lots of room to roam and a catio. They will forget the stress of moving...I hope!

Rose said...

You are getting so much done...if I did half as much, I would be happy with myself. And I LOVE what you are doing.