Monday, July 6, 2020

Bonus??


Not much (none) sewing going on this past week. Jayme is visiting from California and I helped my mom shop for a 4th of July barbecue. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Do you save all of your bonus half square triangles from making flying geese? I do. I've saved them for years and use them as leader / enders when I'm piecing other quilts.

I now have eleventy-seven gabillion of them in lots of different sizes...


In a bunch of different containers...


None have been squared up.


I also have the half square triangles from my retreat projects (which haven't been touched since) that still need to be squared up.

My goal (for probably the next year or more) is to spend 15 minutes a day squaring up and sorting my half square triangles. Then I'll have to figure out something to do with them...that could take eleventy-seven gabillion years.
 

3 comments:

Loris said...

They will make something fun for sure. Slow and steady gets the job done :-)
I have some triangles grouped from the projects they came from. They have mounted a bit but fortunately I have completed some little things along the way. I enjoy the mug rug you made for me with some batik HST's :-)

Needled Mom said...

lol. I try to square mine up at the same time I sew them so as not to have to do them all at once.

Rose said...

Wow! You have a lot of squaring up to do...but I think it is worth it. I don't have that many. Because I don't get much done. Trying to get myself to the sewing room here in a minute. I have a bunch of crumb blocks I am working with. I always have crumb blocks. The next question in my mind is do I want just one fabric for the cornerstones, or do I want to just use one fabric...and if so, what?