Monday, July 13, 2020

Little bit of sewing


I did get a little bit of sewing done while Jayme visited. I made this small quilt top using up the leftovers from the sports disappearing 9-patch. I know I had four baseball squares yesterday, but today I could only find three. After over an hour of looking I finally said a bad word and just fudged a square from pieces and parts (upper left corner).  I know I'll find the square about 10 minutes after I finish sewing on the binding...isn't that Murphy's Law?


It is roughly 37 x 31 inches. I also got backs made for both quilts. Now I need to get them loaded on the quilt frame. Why does that stupid thing scare the bejesus out of me? 

I've also been squaring up half square triangle blocks. Maybe not 15 minutes every night but pretty close. By the time I grab a handful, press them open and square them up I've spent more than 15 minutes. All the HST for the General Jack quilt are finished, now I'm working on the Sunny Lanes blocks. They are larger and much easier to do.

Squaring the blocks up is VERY boring. It helps a lot to listen to audio books (I don't watch much TV). I just finished Sue Grafton's last book Y is for Yesterday. I'm going to miss Kinsey.  Any recommendations for another series?

Gotta show the latest bag lady picture:



She brought another (tail less) lizard into the house last week. I captured it and put it out in the backyard but I don't think this one survived. 
   

4 comments:

Loris said...

Bella looks so adorable :-) Marianne is still hunting a bit but thankfully she hasn't brought in any friends in a long time. Elinor blessed me a regular basis during the spring months. I did not enjoy it!

Needled Mom said...

You said a bad word???? lol! Love the kitty in the bag. She has such an innocent look.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Such a cute kitty! Love listening to books--not a big tv watcher either. Wish I had some recommendations but nothing coming to mind. (I use Scribd which has a lot, btw! Costs $8/mo but worth it, IMO, esp with all the quilt books on there, too)

Rose said...

You have been busy!

I wondered what kind of books you listened,too. I really need to listen to or read a Sue Grafton. My sister-in-law likes her. I have listened to John Sandford and Steve Martini books...and Tami Hoag. (One book I read of hers was as much a romance as a mystery...I didn't care a lot for it. But the first mystery of hers that I listened to was Thin Dark Line...I cannot remember the name of the one that was not a mystery) I also have enjoyed listening to Patricia Cornwell.) And there is more but I cannot think of them.