Monday, July 20, 2020

Good Excuses?


Other than about a half hour today, I haven't touched my sewing machine for almost two weeks.  Does this look like a good excuse?


How about hanging pictures?



I also hung a couple of large ones in my bedroom.

What about this?


I finished squaring up all the Sunny Lane blocks and all of the HST that were in the little basket. Now I'm working on the little plastic container.  All of the pieces and parts you see here came out of that little container. It was stuffed. I've already squared up about half of them.

I bought I really pretty cut glass "dish" (it's really an ashtray, I don't smoke but I loved the large size) at a garage sale years go.  It is stuffed with my trimmings.


Speaking of garage sales...


Only Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are completed. The lady I bought them from said she decided embroidery wasn't her thing. I could tell. Sunday is stitched really nice, Monday is okay, Tuesday you can barely read the words. I'm thinking about finishing them, cutting out blocks, and making a small wall hanging for my laundry room.

I also went to a thrift store...


Not really my style but there is at least once project in each magazine I'd like to do (because I sew so much and I'm running out of patterns ... snarky comment).

I also splurged and bought this book...


I want to make every quilt in this book! Love it.

The Kiwanis Quilts for Kids meeting was supposed to be last Friday but our governor reduced the number of people for gatherings from 25 to 10. Our group is too large so the meeting was canceled. However Joann already knows me and dropped off a partially completed quilt top.


Isn't it the cutest! The blocks are almost completed and are wonderfully pieced and pressed. It won't take long to finish. You'd think this would motivate me to start sewing.

Do these sound like good excuses? Want to know the real reason? I miss sewing with my friends! 😥 In the past whenever I got in a slump I'd invite Nancy over or sweet talk Stephanie into visiting. With #$%! stupid Covid 19 (yes I said another bad word) I haven't had the opportunity to get to know other quilters in this area. I really miss sewing with friends.
 


4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, we are all sacrificing some of our favorite activities aren't we. I hate to talk about it because I have vowed to keep my thoughts and actions positive, if not productive. Great find at the garage sale!!
xx, Carol

Rose said...

It still sounds like you have been busy! And Bella is the best excuse. I do not envy you the squaring up but I envy the results...LOL The Kiwani Quilt is going to be so cute!

I have been trying to sew a little every day and may do good for a few days and then there will be just as many days that I don't sew a stitch and I have no excuse.

Loris said...

Strong work on those HST's :-) You will enjoy some sewing soon but getting settled in your new home really can take awhile. Bella will lead you back to your sewing chair! That was fun that your new group member brought you a quilt to finish. It looks like a cheerful one as well.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Hanging pics is a great excuse--I'll let em sit (along with an empty wall) for weeks, months even. "Because I'm running out of patterns"...ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!