Monday, October 19, 2020

Distractions

  

I think I figured out why it takes me so long to get things done...I'm easily distracted. In trying to make Lucy's Love Notes clue 3 I made these from the scraps of it and the last two clues.

I don't know what I'm going to do with them yet...probably mug rugs.

I did get clue 3 kinda sorta done.


The envelope is supposed to have Velcro closures and a heart patch but I haven't decided if I want to do that or put a colorful snap for the closure. I'll decide later.

My other kinda sorta distraction was getting this quilted and the binding added.



Softest flannel ever! While small (36 x 48) I can say it is made from 100% scraps. I even Frankenbatted the batting. It did take me three days to get this little quilt finished, again because of distractions...or should I say obstructions.

It is starting to cool down here and my view is starting to get some fall colors.

But mostly pine needles falling...what a mess.

I can really tell the weather is changing because now someone likes to sleep in until noon.

Makes it a little difficult to make the bed.





3 comments:

Loris said...

Oh that view is beautiful! You are still making more progress than me even with your distractions. Bella is such a sweet one :-) Life here is still quite busy and definitely distracted!

Rose said...

But you get so much stuff done...I just have such a hard time doing any little thing. Bella is a quilt/bed tester. So is my Bubbie...and they are good at their job.

I love what you made with those scraps....

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It looks to me like you got a lot done with all your distractions. We have no fall colors here. Not one turned leave. Got some pine cones that are bigger than I have ever seen.
xx, Carol