Monday, October 12, 2020

Skipped a Clue

 

I didn't think I'd be posting today. I spent most of last week getting ready for a trip which has been postponed. So not much sewing occurred until last weekend.

I got clue number two of Logey Bear finished:

Ten paper pieced trees. There are two of each.

I kinda sorta skipped clue two of Lucy's Love Notes and made clue three first.

Eight paper pieced Sunrise-Sunset blocks. I'm using Lori Holt's Prim fabrics for this quilt. 

Clue two is a very detailed envelop for the "love notes". I have the blocks cut out and I'll work on them next. I was hoping I could figure out an easier way to make the envelopes but haven't been able to divine anything so I'll make them per the instructions. Since everything seems to be taking longer than I thought it would, it will probably take me all week to finish them. 

Clue three for Logey Bear is three machine appliqued bears. They should be pretty fast and easy to make (famous last words).

Don't ask as I can't tell you why but I also made three pincushions.

They kinda happened by accident. I was trying to make a pincushion top for an egg cup I have but the first one was too close to the same size as the top. Then I was going to trying stuffing it into the egg cup but didn't like how it looked so I turned that into the smaller pincushion. Then I made the larger one...nope, it wasn't just right either. Oh well, I now have three cute pincushions and I put the egg cup back where I found it.

2 comments:

Rose said...

You have been busy...I love the pin cushions. Love the fabric you used for them. I like the Lori Holt fabrics you used and love the trees.

Needled Mom said...

The trees and sunrise/sunset blocks look nice. Even with failures, you have three really cute pincushions.