Monday, November 16, 2020

Logey Bear Part II

  

 I got the borders added...

                                             

The back made...

Loaded on the frame...

Then I stared at it for a really long time. I really didn't want to do an all over quilt design but I'm really limited with the Juki on the frame so I decided to just meander in the back ground fabric and baste down the border.

Now I'll use my little Bernina to do some straight lines through the X blocks, some detailing in the bear paws, trees, houses and Logey Bears and probably some leaves in the outside border. I'll do that over the next few days.

The last clue and final layout of Lucy's Love Notes has been revealed (very cute) but I haven't worked on since I've been trying to finish up Logey Bear. I also managed to miss that the quilt required a border fabric. I didn't have anything in my stash that would work. I went to my local fabric store today and found a fabric that I think will work. Hopefully I can get back to it next week.

I did make the mini. It is just kinda okay. It also kinda hurts my eyes to look at it. It ended up pretty wonky even after some serious ironing with steam, and while most of the seams line up pretty good, there are few that don't (I tried fixing them but with no luck) and they really show.

It is currently 7 x 9 inches. I haven't decided if I'm going to border it or not. This is the only thing in my stash I half way like and I don't plan on buying border fabric for something I'm not sure I even like. I'll finish it but it may get hidden in a drawer afterwards.



2 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Love what the plaid does for the quilt! So cozy!

Rose said...

I so love the border you chose for Logey Bear...and love the quilt. I get a headache just thinking about trying to do that mini! I think you done good...I hate to see what I would come up with.I like the fabric you have for the border, but I think any small scale print woul look good, or a solid light one.