Monday, November 2, 2020

I Voted!

  

Here is the finished Forest Friends quilt...

I love the little foxes on the back.

As I've mentioned before most of the blocks were already made. I finished piecing the blocks, put the top together with a fussy cut border and quilted it with loops and hearts. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It will be donated back to the Kiwanis's Quilts for Kids.

I finished last week's Lucy's Love Notes clue...paper pieced music notes.

The method Mary demo's for paper piecing takes a few more steps but makes it really easy to add each piece without a lot of fussing and very little fabric waste. Melissa Corry at Happy Quilting demo'd the same method on her blog today.

I also got Logey Bear's cabins made...also paper pieced. I feel like I should applique or embroider something in the doors or windows - they look so plain. I'll probably leave them as is.

A few months ago I ordered new furniture - twice. I didn't like the first couch so returned it; love the new couch. I also ordered a chair and extra matching fabric. I re-upholstered my hope(less) chest with the extra fabric. Not the best job but its done. 


(Yes, I know there is a knob missing. I've been carrying it around in my purse hoping to go to Home Depot or someplace to find new knobs. The old ones just look odd with the new top.)


3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on the beautiful finished quilt. I really like the fabric you chose for the chest. You did a beautiful job with that too.

Rose said...

I LOVE how the quilt turned out. Someone is going to really love it. I like the music notes and the cabins. Your hopeless chest really looks nice.

Needled Mom said...

I love the foxes too. Fun quilt! Your notes are really cute as well. I need to recover my cedar chest too. It looks like you did a great job.