Monday, December 14, 2020

Not a Single Stitch

   

On the sewing machine. I have been catching up on my blackwork. I think I'm still behind about 10 weeks. 

I'm also still working on cutting up and sorting scraps. 

I have a 5 drawer tower that had holiday fabrics in it. I went through it, cleared out the non-holiday fabrics, refold fabric that had been stuffed into it, and cut up everything that was less than a fat quarter. My holiday fabric is now neatly organized in 3 drawers.

I also emptied another bin that was mostly 2.5 inch strips that had been dumped into it along with a few other scraps. They are now folded, sorted by color and in these bins:


The bin I'm going through now is mostly crumbs. I don't like crumbs. I also don't feel like cutting things into small squares. So...if it isn't at least 2.5 x 5 it will probably go in the garbage. I KNOW! I'm horrified also, but I have so many scraps that I really don't need to be keeping the itty-bitty stuff. Even the not so itty-bitty stuff. Maybe I'll stuff them in baggies and take them to the next guild meeting (whenever that might be).

Another gadget that I am loving is this True Sharp rotary blade sharpener. I got this, in it's unopened package, at an estate sale a few years ago for almost nothing - they are expensive, but it has been the best sharpener I've ever had. For as expensive as rotary blades are, I think this gadget would be worth the actual retail price.

This not very helpful cat got a hair cut today. She is lucky she didn't get a new bobbed tail.

I did some Christmas shopping this past week. At one of my stops I looked down and saw this...

I just had to take a picture. ;o)


3 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Ha ha! My cat loves to leave her tail right in the path of my rotary cutter. NOT her smartest moments! Sounds like your getting lots of organizing done. I'm feeling the need to do that but waiting till after holidays. I'm getting more comfortable with passing on my scraps, especially when I see other fabrics in my stash getting old--and by getting old I mean more of a "I don't like them as much as I used to" kind of getting old. I want to work with my fabrics while I'm still excited about them; I don't want to feel forced to use them up so much. With that in mind, I'm happier to pass scraps on to charity or whoever might want them!

Loris said...

Interesting moment with your spedometer! I seem to always miss anything interesting with mine. I think I got in an hour or two sewing this week. I'm doing a paper pieced border for my cat quilt that is the not least bit motivating. But I baked another chicken pot pie and some bread. I think I'm having a personality change ;-0

Rose said...

Put the small scraps in a baggie and donate to goodwill or a thrift shop. Someone will want them. I have made two Grandmother's flowers and started a third in the past 10 days, and other than cutting the strips for my daughter, have not done anything else. I have been in the strangest mood.

Cool numbers in the shot...3 and 7 are two of my favorite numbers.