Monday, December 7, 2020

Barely Sewing

   

I'm just not in the mood. I am still cutting up scraps. I've emptied one large bin and started on another small one. I did find a couple of odd blocks / scraps that I played with / sewed into mug rugs / small table toppers.

Don't ask, don't know. Just sewed them together. The green will be the back.

Only one of these was completely framed. I finished framing the other two and will back them with the yellow gingham.

I cut these out when I was experimenting with the lollipops in Violet's Bakery a few years ago. Sewed them together and will back them with the fabrics above them.

So if we have Christmas in July doesn't it make sense to make a patriotic runner in December?

I have partially cut out this mini from some of my larger scraps. Who knows when it will actually get sewn but since I cut it out I did add it to my work in process spreadsheet.

While I haven't been doing much sewing I have been making a lot of progress on my blackwork sampler.

I've finished five rows since the last time I showed my progress. I'm still very behind but I'm determined to finish this 2020 stitch along in 2020. I haven't decided it I'm going to participate in the 2021 stitch along or finish a few of other cross stitch work in process projects.

I have been listening to audio books while I've been cutting up all the scraps and stitching. Thank goodness for my library card and Overboard. Never fails, 3000+ audio books to chose from and I can never find anything to listen to (kinda like nothing to wear with a closet full of clothes).



4 comments:

Rose said...

I love your stitch along. The little 'hexie' things are going to be o sweet. The first three really scream spring to me. The first item has some interesting fabrics. I especially like the one with dragonflies.

Needled Mom said...

Your sewing sounds like mine this year. It has been a hard year to stay focused. I love your 2020 stitchery. That is going to be gorgeous.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I like the little hexi projects. I want to do something like that soon--it's on the to-do's. LOL on the July 4th in Dec, and true!

Deb A said...

I feel your pain in the not sewing mode. I almost want to put little scraps of paper in a hat with all the projects and just pick one to work on. Sigh... 4 hours of gs training and prep and a meeting (2-3 hours) and getting supplies (2hr) to the mix.... all in the last 4 days! Must sew soon.....