Monday, December 21, 2020

There was real sewing done this week!


Cause I got a new baby!

It is a Baby Lock Presto II. It has everything on my wish list except a knee lift. But I got a really good deal on the machine and so far I am very happy with it. Do you see how bright the light is? It has TWO led lights! Somebody must have finally smacked the sewing machine manufactures upside the head - add more lights! The bed of the machine is nice and wide also. Although I did order an extra large Sew Steady table for quilting, for general piecing I won't need it.

While I was playing / testing with the in-store machine I pieced this little runner. I quilted it at home using the walking foot. Funny how you get used to things a certain way...my Bernina walking foot is a wide toe with clear plastic center. The new one is for straight stitching only, it is narrow and all metal. With the clear plastic I had to use my eyes to stay in the ditch, with the new walking foot I have to align the foot appropriately...time will tell which I like better.

I did more in the ditch quilting and some free motion quilting on the little patriotic runner. FMQ was a breeze! If you click on the picture you can see the stars I quilted better.

It has 100 built in stitches and 4 alphabets. I used one of the decorative stitches to quilt this little hexie topper.

There was also lots of slow stitching with binding and blackwork (finished another row).

And (doin a happy dance) I emptied another scrap bin. One more to go.

I found the deeper into the bin I got the more scraps went into these giveaway / donation bags.

If you want scraps I will happily send you some.

I hope you all have a safe and very Merry Christmas!



4 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Oh that looks like a lovely well-lit, wide-based machine! Congrats! Merry Christmas to you! Wow! There's a bottom to our scrap bins!?!?!

Loris said...

Merry Christmas :-) a fun new machine! A good reward for all the scrap bin cutting and organization. I hope your holidays are happy there. I'm baking more pie :-)

Rose said...

Merry Christmas to you! What a lovely machine! It is a beauty. I liked the stitching on the hexie thing. I left clicked and clicked to open the pic in another tab till I could see the big version. I also like the little patriotic runner and I did see the stars. I ALWAYS click on your photos. Way to go on the scrap bin, and someone is going to be very happy to get the bags you give away.

I hope after Christmas that I can settle down and sew. Seems like my mind has not been in it.

Needled Mom said...

That looks like a fun machine....especially nice lighting too. You will have fun with it. Merry Christmas.