Monday, January 25, 2021

A Little Bit of Everything

   

I've been working on a little bit of everything this past week. I finished the Sunny Lane flimsy.

All of the fabrics for this quilt are from a kit I bought on clearance years and years ago. I never liked the original pattern but I loved the fabrics. I really wanted to use up all of the fabrics and not have to hunt for something that kinda sorta matches so I went with Plan D for the borders. It uses up the last of yardage. If you click on the picture you will see that the borders on the sides are different from the top and bottom border. I also added cornerstones. I love how this turned out. 

I worked on a puzzle.

With (no) help from Bella.

I bought a new rug for the entryway.

I ordered a larger version to go in the dining room. I still haven't decided if I like it. I like it, but I'm just not sure I like it in my house with everything else.

I had some landscape work done around the house.

Added to the retaining wall.

Cleared weeds and small scrubs from the back 40.

Had all the shrubs trimmed.

Replaced the rotting railroad tie steps with block steps. 

There were three guys working all day in the rain. They were covered in mud by the time they finished up, but I think they did a great job.

I've worked on either my cross stitch or blackwork project for at least an hour everyday. I've also made lots of progress on my Exploding Heart quilt.

I am squaring up the blocks as I go. Hopefully I'll have those E blocks made and trimmed before I go to bed tonight.

We had snow yesterday morning - it was gone by noon - and we are supposed to have rain and snow for the next week. Perfect weather to get lots more done.




3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt finished up beautifully! I love the “kitty in a box” feature! Why do they always want to sit in boxes? It looks like you’ve really accomplished a lot in the yard. That retaining wall will be nice for this weeks weather. Stay safe.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The quilt looks great and you've gotten so many other things done. Ha--cats are so funny squeezing into little boxes like that.

Rose said...

I LOVE Sunny Lane..and I like to have the sides and end borders different if I can find two I like. It lets me know which is end and which is side when I grab it to use.

You have sure been busy. That retaining wall looks good, too.