Monday, January 11, 2021

Making progress

  

I've made some progress on all of my projects this week - EXCEPT - the UFO I'm supposed to be working on this month. 

Sunny Lane is starting to look like a quilt. The blocks are huge - 16.5 inches. I've been making a few every night. I was a little worried about the muted colors with the dark burgundy but I think it will be okay. With no border this quilt will be 64 x 80 inches. Finding something for a border may be difficult since I've had this fabric over 10 years. I'll wait until it is a flimsy then decide.

I made progress on my blackwork project and got the first week's section completed (I'm still behind a week). This year's project is by a different designer. It will be all florals which is a little harder to do than just fillers. Using multiple colors is also adding to the challenge but I'm already in love with this.

This is week one of the Exploding Heart sew-along. I got my florals cut out but didn't have a piece of background fabric large enough. Poor me had to go shopping. I also picked up a couple of pieces from the clearance section.

Tomorrow I'm going to work on my UFO cross stitch project...writing a commitment here does help hold me accountable.


4 comments:

Loris said...

Sunny Lane is absolutely beautiful! I have an old "Blended Quilts" book and they definitely use darker pops of color like that. This is just lovely :-)

Needled Mom said...

I really like the muted colors in Sunny Lane. It is going to be so pretty. The blackwork is beautiful too. Looking forward to seeing this grow.

AnnieO said...

Sunny lane is pretty! I’m sure something soft and sweet will blend with the prints to finish it off. There’s always stripes :). The stitching looks very good—what fun.

Rose said...

Oh, I so love Sunny Lane. It hit me last night after I went to bed that I had not checked your blog since Monday night...I always check it too early then. Anyway, I so look forward to see what you are doing.

What would you want to use as a border...I cannot think if I have anything that would work.

I LOVE your new purchases!