Monday, January 4, 2021

Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021

 So far 2021 is not off to a good start but I'm not going to judge the year by the first 4 days.

I did finish my Peppermint Purple blackwork stitch-along.

I really enjoyed working on this project this past year and decided to participate in Steady Thread's stitch-along this year. I'm going to do the English garden layout.

Which I may regret as I've frogged more of this layout than I've stitched - also using 18 count Aida which I may also regret, my poor old eyes are already yelling at me. Both designers have free stitch-alongs for 2020 and 2021 and lots of free patterns on their websites and Facebook pages.

I keep a spreadsheet with all my UFOs and WIPs. UFOs include anything started in prior years including finished unquilted tops. WIPs have to at least be partially cut out and started in the current year. In 2020 I started 20 new projects, finished 19 quilts (finished as in quilted and binding attached), and donated 9. Twelve of my UFOs were not touched at all, including 6 unquilted tops.

I am going to keep tracking my quilts on the spreadsheet. I've also joined American Patchwork's UFO Challenge. My list includes quilt and cross stitch UFOs and fun projects/kits I want to work on for me.

January's UFO is a cross stitch project I started last summer and have not touched in months.

It may not get done in January but I'm hoping I can make progress.

I fudged a bit on the fun projects list as I had already signed up for the Exploding Heart sew-along.

These are some of the fabrics I'm going to include (not the rose with the yellow background). I've had all of these fabrics for a very very very long time. The blocks for the Exploding Heart are small so I think all you'll see is blue, pink, yellow and green. Whatever is left over is going into the donated fabric bag.

 Check back here the beginning of February to see how I do.


4 comments:

Loris said...

Happy New Year! Your cross stitch looks lovely. Great plan to keep working on your projects. I have some of those same florals :-)

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

You seem to have all those projects organized, and you did get a lot completed! Best of luck following through in 2021!

Needled Mom said...

How did you cross stitch on that dark background? It looks gorgeous, but my eyes can’t do the dark anymore.

Rose said...

Your blackwork piece turned out real nice! I LOVE the January UFO project. I wonder how my eyes would be at doing something like this again. I could get so much more done at night if I could see better.

Have you seen the challenge 15 minutes to Sew? I have not joined it, but I have been trying to sew at least 15 minutes a day...so far, so good. From what i have seen, people include any word done towards sewing...picking fabric, cutting, etc. And some actually keep count of their minutes, and consider if they sewed say 45 minutes today but didn't the next two days...they consider they have met the 15 minutes to sew.