Monday, January 18, 2021

Progress and Visitors

   

I finished all of the Sunny Lane blocks. I have about half the rows sewn together so should finish this top soon. Now I'm on the hunt for border fabric.

Hmmm, I may have an issue later in the year as I have this quilt as one of my UFO Challenge items to be completed. I'll have to find another UFO to take it's place...hahahaha...don't think that will be a problem.

Sigh...progress on my cross stitch wasn't too bad except I stitched for over an hour then realized I'd added a stitch that threw everything off. Took about 10 minutes to rip it all out.

 

 Everything hi-lighted in the lighter blue is what I got done this past week. Like I said, I don't think I'll finish this project this month but I should be able to make lots of progress and get in the habit of stitching for an hour or two a day.

I got all of the Exploding Heart cut out and separated into the different types of blocks. These should go together fairly quickly since it is all the same block just different color paths. 


 I, more like Bella, had two visitors this week. I woke up at 2 a.m. this morning to growling. This is the second cat I've had in my backyard who sits outside the window and growls / hisses at Bella like she is the one who invaded their space. Look at that ridge on his back...look at my dorky cat rolling over onto her back. The cat didn't care about me at all, just growled at Bella. He eventually walked away still growling.

This young guy visited a few days ago. He couldn't have cared less about me (I may be getting a complex about that) but he was watching Bella like a hawk. ;o)

 

3 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

That's great to be finishing off a UFO so quickly! I need to find my mojo and do the same. I'm sure you'll find a replacement soon. :o). Enjoy those visitors!

Rose said...

I love that Sunny Lane!!! It is going to be beautiful. Are you just putting one border on it? And how wide. I am pretty sure I don't have enough of anything that would suit. Do you know what color or are you waiting till something strikes your fancy?

Bonnie said...

How great to be making progress on a ufo right off! I hope you can find the perfect border. Wild wild life — right close to the house. Fun to see but not so great to run into them!