Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Quilting Weather

 It has rained all day today. We even had a little bit of snow this morning. This past week has been dreary, overcast and rainy....perfect quilting weather, but I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of sun.

The donation quilt I volunteered to quilt is done. From a distance it doesn't look bad but close up...

There were lots of puckers and bunching even before my quilting, unfortunately the quilting contributed more. I found a few other issues as I was quilting it. I'll let the project coordinator know about the issues. It is a cute quilt.

I also got the next clue to my Project Linus quilt finished, "Don't fence me in".

I'm behind on this mystery quilt and the final design has been revealed. Here are all the clues I have finished roughly laid out. Oliver in the doghouse will go in the big empty spot and paper pieced birds with go above. I think I'm going to change up the final layout a bit, I'll decide after I get all the clues made. 

I have been having really good luck finding bargains at a thrift store in Medford. This time it was 6 yards of a nice neutral fabric for $15.

I think it may be old as there is no selvage markings on it. It will make a great back on a future quilt.

I got all my Christmas shopping done last week! So happy. My mom asked for one of her gifts early (she was with me when I bought it and it is a holiday decoration). All the wrapping paper and bows are at her house. My whole family is famous for it's 11th hour wrapping after they get to my mom's house on either Christmas Eve and Day.

So she would have something to unwrap I improvised quilter style. Only problem is I think she liked the fabric and is going to keep it too. 





3 comments:

Rose said...

The donation quilt is still so cute, puckers and all. What a bargain bbn on that fabric! And laughing about the far that your mom will keep the wrapping fabric...

Rose said...

I forgot to tell you I love the fence in the mystery quilt. That is going to be so, so cute.

Also wanted to say about the donation quilt...it will still be warm and snuggly. I am on my computer and can see it better. I bet it was such a pain to quilt but you did do a wonderful job.

Needled Mom said...

The mystery quilt is looking so cute. I LOVE the idea of package wrapping. Quilting problem quilts can be challenging, but they still serve their purpose.